DAMAN- An Amazing Weekend Getaway from Mumbai
Daman is an enclave on Gujarat's southern coast, situated in the Union Territory of Daman & Diu. Daman has been a famous tourist destination and a wonderful weekend getaway from metro cities like Mumbai.
Daman, glorifies the beauty of Portuguese Colonial Past. The beautiful and colorful Portuguese houses and the old Portuguese forts give you the vibes of Goa.
Daman is at a distance of 170 kms from Mumbai, a road or a train journey from Mumbai takes almost 3-3.5 hours to reach there. The best part about spending your week at Daman is that even after being a prominent tourist destination, it isn't too hyped or high-priced.
Best Time To Visit
- October to May ( because these months have a cool to moderate temperature, that suits the tourists to enjoy the beaches)
How many days are enough to explore Daman?
- 2-3 days are enough
Are reasonable and good stays available at Daman?
- Yes, hotels and home stays from 1k to even 10k-15k are available at this tourist place, to give you a comfortable stay at your budget.
Places to visit at Daman
1. Lighthouse, Daman- A serene and peaceful place to make your mind and soul calm and happy.
2.Jampore Beach- A happening beach, with those Goan vibes, where you can indulge yourself in various water sports or just sit and relax at the beach-shacks and enjoy some desi-seafood and local wines.
3. St. Jerome Fort/Nani Daman Fort- This is a beautiful, magnanimous fort that gives you a splendid view , facing the river.
4. Daman Custom Market- One of the biggest tourist attraction, best place to buy branded stuff at cheapest prices ( no custom tax)
5. Cathedral of Bom Jesus- A beautiful Portuguese monument that has a Catholic connection.
These and many more attractions overwhelm you when you visit Daman. A picturesque destination where you can click umpteen pictures and make memories for life.