Do’s and Don’ts of Yoga –International Yoga Day 2019
What is Yoga? If this question is asked to anyone, the first interpretation that comes into mind “People twisting and turning their bodies and sitting like a statue “. Do you agree with the thought ?
In layman Terms “ Yoga is a system of refining body ,the mind, and the spirit. Women are mostly busy taking care of work, home, and family, that they more often than not forget about taking care of their own selves. However a quick exercise routine or workout can reduce the risk of various diseases for women. Here are some do’s and don’ts of yoga for women:
1. Take a sound sleep of 6 to 7 hours every night.
2. Avoid drinking tea and coffee after waking up . Yoga can be practiced 1 hour after a liquid diet preferably 2 glass of warm water.
3. Yoga practice can be done before bath.But one should wait for some time and then take a bath after practicing yoga.
4. One should practice yoga with ease and calmness in mind. Yoga doesn’t mean that you exhaust yourself.
5. Try to practice yoga everyday at same the time.
6. Don’t try to hold back urine. One must go for it immediately.
7. Perform Pranayam after Asanas and meditation should follow Pranayam.
1. Women should not practice Yoga during their menses and pregnancy. However, there are some specific asanas to be done under yoga expert .
2. Don’t take bath or drink water for 30 minutes after yoga practice.
3. Don’t practice yoga in unclean and smoky place.
4. Do not practice yoga immediately after after eating food .
5. If there is a bandage for sprain or other injury , do not practice yoga.
6. Do not try to difficult postures. Take advice of yoga expert.
International Yoga Day is celebrated annually on 21st June since its conception in 2015. The Pink Comrade wishes you all a very happy and healthy year ahead :)
Image Courtesy : Indian Express