Ganesh Chaturthi Special #Poha Laddoos
Ganesh Chaturthi, an auspicious day to celebrate the birth of lord Ganesha. From decoration to preparing sweets, getting the kids dressed in festive way, the day is almost much occupied and busy. So, here, I am sharing a quick, non fire sweet for celebrating the joy of the day. It can also be included in prasad during pooja.
Poha (flattened rice)- 1 cup
Milk- 1/4 cup (as required)
Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
Coconut powder- 1/2 cup
Almond powder- 2 tbsp
Saffron- a few strings (optional)
Cardamom powder- 1/2 tbsp (optional)
Yellow food colour- pinch (optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Take poha in a bowl. Add milk such that it is little lesser than the level of poha. Mix well and let it absorb milk for 10 minutes. It will turn soft.
2. After 10 minutes, its soft enough to be mashed. Mash using hands.
3. Transfer it to a wide utensil. Add powder sugar, almond powder, coconut powder or cardamom powder. Mix well to knead a dough.
4. Grease hands using oil. Take a small portion and roll between the hands to make small round ball out of them.
5. If want colored laddoos, add a pinch of yellow colour, or any other colour of choice. Also, you can make colorful balls, by dividing the batter into small portions, and add different food colours.
Mix the color well, and then make round balls.
6. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or more till settled down properly.
7. Decorate using dry fruits, saffron strings, or enjoy as it is.