Try these two healthy Tikki Recipes
What do you do when you crave for something tangy (chatpata) and spicy and at the same time you are on a health spree? Are you a tikki lover but, want it on slighter healthy mode?
Here's my recipe to absolutely yummy & tangy tikkis which would definitely tickle your tastebuds.
1. The Rajma-Pudina Tikkis
The Rajma-Pudina tikkis for quickfixing hunger pang .
1/4th cup boiled rajma
1/2 tbsp boiled chana dal/lentil
Few mint/ pudina leaves
1 tsp chaat masala or dry mango powder
Fistful of chopped coriander
1 tbsp caramelised onion
1 boiled potato
2-3 cloves of garlic
1tsp sesame seeds of tikkis and 1 tsp sesame seeds for tempering
1 tsp roasted khuskhus/ poppy seeds
1 small piece of ginger
2 green chillies
1 tbsp of cream/Malai
2 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste
- Blend all the ingredients ( except cornflour ) well in a mixer, till a coarse paste
- Make small tikkis of the paste, coat them with a thin layer of rice flour .
- In a heating pan , add oil and sesame seeds and put the tikkis on it for shallow frying.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
2. The Beetroot-Sweet Potato Tikkis
1 cup boiled beetroot
1/2 cup boiled sweet potato
1/4 cup boiled carrot
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp Chaat masala
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
half cup Suji/ semolina
1 tbsp rice flour
Salt as per taste
- In a bowl mash the Beetroot, sweet potato, carrot.
- To it add the ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, lemon juice, Chaat masala, cumin-coriander powder and mix well.
- Now add the rice flour and once again mix well.
- Roll this batter into equal size tikkis.
- Roll these tikkis over the semolina/suji
- In a pan heat the oil, shallow fry the tikkis till crisp golden.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.